Are you ready for #1MillionMaths — the Schools League?
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN TODAY!
Everyone can win in this year’s #1MillionMaths Schools League. There are prizes up for grabs for schools, teachers, and learners.
How you can win
TEACHER DAILY DRAW
Get your learners to do the #1MillionMaths assignments, or practise regularly, and you’ll be entered into the daily draw to win fantastic prizes.
LEARNER WEEKLY DRAW
Earn two stars in a week, and you’ll be entered into the weekly draw to win great prizes. With an extra chance if you move up a league on the leaderboard!
Can your school earn one million atoms in September? The grades & departments with the highest scores will take the prize!
Any learner in our leaderboards’ Platinum League will be invited to join the final showdown, to decide our #SiyavulaChampions!
Look who’s got your back
Our partners are keen to see you win too!
They’ve put up some great prizes, and will be rooting for you throughout September.
- The competition is only open to teachers and learners in South Africa.
- The competition will start on Thursday 1 September, and end on Friday 30 September.
- To be eligible for opting in make sure your Siyavula account shows South Africa as your selected country and CAPS as your selected curriculum.
- Learners and teachers will have to opt in to #1MillionMaths, to be eligible for prizes.
- If a learner has already opted in to be part of our national leaderboards, they will automatically be opted in to #1MillionMaths.
- The competition will reward both Maths and Science practice.
- To be eligible for a prize, learners must be in their correct grade. Only learners currently in Grades 8 - 12 can join #1MillionMaths.
- To be eligible for a prize, a teacher/learner’s contact details must be up-to-date and correct.
Daily draw for teachers
- Any high school Mathematics or Physical Sciences teacher at a school in South Africa is eligible to enter.
- One teacher will represent a grade or grades at their school.
- Teachers will be entered into the daily draw once a. At least 50% of the learners have been active on Siyavula in the past seven days; OR b. At least 50% of their learners have completed the #1MillionMaths assignment for their grade.
- To be eligible for the daily draw, the teacher must be associated with a particular grade at their school.
- Siyavula reserves the right not to award a prize each day.
Grade and school prizes
- At the end of the campaign, prizes will be awarded to the top grades and schools for Mathematics (Grade 8 - 12) and Physical Sciences (Grade 10 - 12).
- The grade winners will be those whose learners have earned the greatest number of atoms during September 2022.
- School winners will be those schools whose Mathematics or Physical Sciences departments earn the highest number of atoms during September 2022.
- Teachers may choose to opt in either specific grades or an entire department, or both.
- Any school earning over one million atoms during September will receive a certificate of achievement from Siyavula.
Weekly draw for learners
- Any learner who earns at least two stars during any week of the campaign will be entered into a weekly draw to win a prize.
- Any learner who moves up a league on the Siyavula leaderboards will be entered into a weekly draw to win a prize.
- Prizes will be awarded via a randomised draw.
- The draw will be done each Monday during September 2022, for work completed the previous week (Monday to Sunday).
- Winners will be notified via sms or email.
- There may be more than one winner each week, and prizes will vary in terms of value and the number of prizes given.
- Every effort will be made to announce the winners of the weekly draw each Tuesday, for practice completed the week before.
- Learners will have 30 days from notification of their win to claim their prize; prizes will be forfeit if not claimed within this time
The final showdown
- Any learner who is in a Platinum League leaderboard on 23 September 2022 will be invited to join the final showdown.
- These learners will be notified by sms or email, and invited to join the final showdown, by 26 September 2022.
- This will take the form of a Siyavula assignment, which will be sent to each learner on 27 September 2022.
- It will remain the learner’s responsibility to ensure that their contact details are correct, so that they are able to join the final showdown timeously.
- Learners will be required to complete as much of the assignment as they can within the time limit set.
- The learners who do the best in the assignment for their grade and subject will win the grand prize (8 prizes: one per subject/grade).
- Winners will be announced on 30 September 2022.
- Siyavula reserves the right not to award a learner prize for a grade or subject.
By opting in, you explicitly agree to have your first name, surname, school (where applicable), and leaderboard position displayed on a public leaderboard.